I just wanted to post a quick follow-up to my St. Patrick’s Day post in which I declared that we would be making this cake or these cupcakes today. I opted for the cake after I read lots of comments following the cupcake recipe with phrases like “this took a lot of time” or “time consuming,” etc. Ours was something of an ill-fated project from the beginning: I spilled a little bit of the batter after I added the water to the cake mix, so I guessed at how much water to put back in. Then, I realized that we only possessed two eggs, not three, as the recipe demanded. Last, Louise managed to drop an entire bottle (the bottle too, not just the contents) into the bowl of batter she was tinting.
All things considered, I think it turned out pretty well. The girls agree.