It has been a long while since I’ve participated in the Friday Felicities meme, and I thought this would be a good week to jump back in.
Some happies from this week:
- A great start to our homeschooling week. I was energetic and enthusiastic to get started again, which was a relief after slogging through homeschooling with morning sickness.
- The blessing of homeschooling realized when Lulu came down the a viral infection late Tuesday night. We tabled our lessons for a couple of days, and the girls have enjoyed hours of audiobooks and some DVDs. We worked when she felt like it and felt good about that.
- A funny from our brief reading lesson on Thursday: I asked Lulu to use the word slung in a sentence after she read the word (we’re working on the ng digraph right now). Her sentence: “I slung the dead camel around my neck and took it to town to sell it.” What? 🙂
- Exciting news on Tuesday at the obstetrician’s office: we’re having a BOY!
- A return to scrapbooking for me. It feels good to have almost completed a layout this week!
- A fresh haircut for me. Just my normal ‘do (a slightly angled bob), but it feels nice and looks better.
- Snow on Thursday, which permitted Steady Eddie to stay home with us, too. Not much snow, but enough by Alabama standards to cancel school for a couple of days and wipe the grocery shelves clear of milk and bread. 😉 (Yet another blessing of homeschooling, especially with young children: they don’t know it’s a snow day!)
If you want to read more Friday Felicities, visit Becky’s blog!