I started not to write a Friday Felicities post this week, but I missed it last week, and I really like to do these. I think I’ll like to look back in the future and have a record of some of the good things that happened these dark, cold weeks of winter.
So, onto the list:
- We had a great trip last weekend to Atlanta, on which we visited the Georgia Aquarium, IKEA, the Wren’s Nest (link to my post about our visit), the original Chic-Fil-A Dwarf House (and lots of other restaurants, of course), and more bathrooms than I care to count.
- It only took us one day, really, to recuperate from the trip. Monday was a pretty hairy day for me, but by Tuesday I felt mostly back to normal.
- Monday’s surprise snowstorm made the day a little more tolerable–it was exciting for the girls to go outside and try to build a snowman. They DID manage to make a couple of snowangels, and even though the snow barely covered the asphalt on the street, I think the girls were bundled up well enough to avoid getting any scrapes. Within a couple of hours, all the snow was gone, but it was pretty while it lasted.
- Lulu’s reading has really taken off this week. She selected Madeline in London as her daily reading selection one day, and although we’re taking it slowly, I can see that she has a real interest in reading for herself now.
- Louise has had a grand time playing on an empty box that once held an IKEA bookcase (unassembled). It’s usually a boat, but sometimes it’s other things (a slide? something else? I lose track.).
- Chic-Fil-A is once again including “Between the Lions” CDs as the prize in their kids’ meals. (Looking at the website, I think this must be because they had leftovers or something. I don’t think it’s the scheduled prize right now.) Although they’re not different than the ones we got a couple of years ago, most of those have been worn out or lost. I do have a couple of duplicates, though, so stay tuned–there might be a tiny little giveaway in the future.
- Have I ever mentioned how much we like Chic-Fil-A? Maybe I should’ve just called this post “Chic-Fil-A Felicities.”
I just want to stop and thank God for all the good things in my life. They’re really too numerous to count.
For more Friday Felicities, head over to Becky’s blog!